Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My First Post

Greetings to all you internet aware people out there.

Welcome to my first post on my newly created blog. I must say first up that I'm very impressed with the facilities on blogger.com, especially considering I have my own url for the blog. audiblethoughts.blogspot.com. How cool is that.

To introduce myself, I'm a Christian 29 year old male, living in Cape Town South Africa who is employed on contract as a computer programmer by the largest Retail Company in South Africa. I am also one of the Sunday School teachers at my church and have a keen interest in the outdoors. Other interests include Rock Climbing (sport climbing), Music, Singing, Programming, Ballroom Dancing, Art, Movies, and a little sport. I have also just recently become a member of Mensa.

I'm going to write about things I'm thinking, about experiences and thoughts. I'll try and make it interesting, and stimulating. I'm expecting a short learning curve as I become aware of how blogging and this site work.

To get you started, an interesting article my brother found.
Spirituality for All the Wrong Reasons - Christianity Today Magazine

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I think a blog about ideas is a much better idea. I've been writing every now and then stories about our board game evenings and it's been fun and enjoyed by those who I play games with, but I think using this as a place to just write about what you've been thinking, learning or living is a great idea. Hope you keep it updated :)

11:37 am, March 16, 2005  
Blogger The Reformed One said...

Howzit online community people

I think that article is spot on - to paraphrase the Bard: "There is something rotten in the state of the Church..."

Only way to fix it is to get a correct understanding of the Gospel. Paradigm shifts are required.

4:24 pm, March 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home